Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Long Time, No Blogging

I know I've been an awful blogger, but I will try to do better! The last time I really blogged was more than a month ago when it rained last, and guess what? It finally rained again this weekend! I'm not really sure if the rain came in time to help our corn crop, but we always welcome rain, and I know it helped the rice and hayfields. Thank-you Jesus! Darren has told KatieLynn that when we say our prayers at night, she should ask God for rain on the corn, so every night she says, "Please God, help it to rain, rain, rain!" And now, it has, and we just have to trust the Lord's timing of it all.

Dean helps me tenderize some deer steak; he and his sister take turns helping me cook.
We have already had a busy summer, and one reason I haven't blogged is that I've been awful about remembering to take my camera, so haven't had many pictures. We went to the Oil Ranch and the Houston Zoo with the Burmans. I forgot my camera at the Oil Ranch, and then my battery died right after we got to the zoo, but I'm hoping my friend Heather got more. :) Here are her kids, Gracie & Chipper with KatieLynn in front of some monkeys.

Father's Day weekend we went to west Texas for a reunion in Robert Lee on my mom's side, and also to celebrate my Lacy Grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary in Miles. We had a good visit, and the kids traveled very well. Of course, nobody slept in the car, but still the trip was good. Here's a picture of Davis (a cousin) and Dean playing tractors at Aunt Gaye & Uncle Richard's house. For Darren's Father's Day present I had some aerial photos taken of our house. They took several, but here are a couple. We have Darren's pride-n-joy hayfield immediately surrounding our house. In the bottom one, you can see some of the rice fields close to our house, and a cornfield on the backside of the house. This past weekend, we had company from one of my Aggie friends, Heather Petton. Her daughter Haley is four, and her son just turned one, and KatieLynn and Dean loved playing with them. Haley and KatieLynn played dress up as mermaids; they were so cute!!

Here's a shot of KatieLynn after church one Sunday. She is putting her jewelry up. It's so funny because the nursery ladies think she is a girly-girl, always wearing a dress and sometimes a ring or bracelet to churh, when the truth is she does enjoy dressing up for church, but she usually has stripped down by 9:30am to put on 'her real clothes' (we're usually home around 9:20). Her favorite is jean shorts -she calls them short jeans.

KatieLynn & Dean are all clean in their pajamas and John Deere caps, watching one of Daddy's farming shows.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the aerial photos! What a great gift! It looks like Dean and Davis had fun playing together. I so wish we could have been there! I am right there with KatieLynn on taking off the church clothes as soon as I get home! She is so tall and cute! The new couches look very nice. I can't wait for new couches either. I have my parents old couches that are over 20 years old! I always forget to take my camera places too, so I totally understand the blogging issues that creates. oh well. Glad yall finally got a rain. We finally got much needed rain this weekend as well. Love you guys, Julie