Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Dean!

Dean turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. I know I say this at every birthday, but I truly can't believe it's been 5 years since Dean was born! He requested brownies for after supper, and since I couldn't draw a picture on the brownies, we used construction cone candles.

I brought chocolate chip cookies and ice cream to Dean's class to celebrate. He was beaming!
After we picked up KatieLynn from school, we got Daddy, and then headed to Mountasia. The kids loved trying to spray each other on the bumper boats (Darren & I sat that one out), the go-carts, and even miniature golf.






The kids were very pumped about playing mini-golf, but found it a little difficult to get the hole where they wanted. At the third hole, Dean was pretty frustrated, so Darren tried, and his first hit pitched the ball into the water.... I think Dean enjoyed watching the ball move down the little creek even more.


KatieLynn and I lasted until 9 holes, and then we were ready for something else.

Here's my big man.

He adores his big sister!



Dean's Favorites:
Books: Nonfiction equipment and Franklin
Games: Uno, Toy Story Yahtzee Jr.
Toys: legos, construction, tractors, trucks
Stuffed Animals: Denver (teddy bear) & Buck (deer)
TV: Swamp Loggers, Harvest, Ice Road Truckers
Cartoons: Franklin, Curious George
Bible Story: birth of Jesus
Outside: Digging in dirt pile or sandbox, riding bike, or helping Daddy
Food: Macaroni
Dessert: Ice Cream
Color: Green (surprise!)


Special things about Dean
He loves his family, and is completely devoted to us.
He shares whatever he has.
He is a hard worker, whether it's digging in the dirt pile, pulling weeds, or picking up sticks in the yard.
He always tells me thank-you (I hope he tells others too!)
He is usually easy-going, and will go along with whatever KatieLynn wants to do.
At home, he is kind, gentle, and helpful (again, I hope he will do this everywhere).
He takes good care of his stuffed animals.
He is a homebody.
He is a good snuggler.

No comments: